Grandstand Media Ltd
Marketing Intern (June to end of October 2017)
Based at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, we are seeking a Marketing Intern to support the Marketing and PR team for the British Show Jumping National Championships in August and Horse of the Year Show (NEC) in October as below:
- Assisting in design & printing of marketing material for all projects
- Social Media monitoring
- Implementation, review and administration of competitions
- Handling telephone and email enquiries from press and public
- Creative input with all projects both new and existing
- Help with creating and distributing Newsletters (both internal and external)
- Media monitoring and filing
- Preparation of materials for events
Tasks at Events:
- Answer incoming telephone queries
- Assist in the set up and delivery of office duties in the Press Office
- Helping with press enquiries and social media updates
- Generally need to be able to handle a variety of situations/issues at the show (many under pressure).
- Computer literate – MS Word and Excel essential.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and work under pressure
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as to use own initiative where necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time keeping essential
- Excellent English/writing skills including attention to detail
- Have an understanding of the events industry, whilst not essential, would be advantageous.
- Salary £14,000 per annum (pro rata) plus holidays
- 5 month placement period in events (20 weeks)
- Monday – Friday inclusive 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (non-event times)
- For HOYS (7 days) and BSNC (7 days) hotel accommodation will be provided on site and candidate will be required to work additional hours and weekends within the scope of the placement.
If you are interested in the position, please apply with your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.