EQUESTRIAN COORDINATOR VACANCY
Grandstand Media Ltd is a full-service event management organisation specialising in equestrian matters. Over the past 20 year’s Grandstand Media has rebuilt the profile of the world-famous Horse of the Year Show, and most recently has received commission to fulfil the British Showjumping National Championships. Based at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire we are now seeking an Equestrian Co-Ordinator to join and support the team.
• Liaising with societies, judges and shows as appropriate.
• Organise show officials including invitations and overseeing accreditation and accommodation requirements.
• Assist in the invitations of all international show jumpers, Pony Club and Dressage competitors for Horse of the Year Show (HOYS).
• Check and approve schedules for HOYS approved qualifiers, including approving judges.
• Assist in the preparation of the official schedule for HOYS and the British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show (BSNC).
• Approve qualification for HOYS and communicate to all successful competitors.
• Co-ordinate rosette, sash and plaque orders for HOYS and BSNC.
• Prepare prize money for distribution to the competitors of HOYS and BSNC.
• Processing competitor entries for HOYS, BSNC and The Showing Register (TSR).
• Administration of entries for qualifying shows.
• Answering general telephone enquiries.
• Deputise for the Equestrian Manager as required.
• Undertake any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
Tasks at Events:
• Answer incoming telephone queries.
• Assist in the set up and delivery of office duties in the Event Equestrian Office.
• Helping with class results and competitor queries for both showing and show jumping.
• Generally need to be able to handle a variety of situations/issues at the show (many under pressure).
• Excellent knowledge of the equestrian world with emphasis on show jumping and showing.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisation skills.
• Positive “can do” attitude with ability to prioritise workload.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Able to work within a team environment as well as being able to use own initiative.
• Good time keeping is essential.
• Ability to meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
• Computer literate – MS Word and Excel essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Permanent contract – office based at Stoneleigh Park.
• Monday to Friday inclusive. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, however due to the nature of the post there will be the expectation to work at least 4 weekends per annum within the remit and salary of the post and to be on-site for events.
• 20 days holiday entitlement.
• Salary range £22,000 to £24,000 depending on experience.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th July.