An exciting new opportunity has arisen to assist the Grandstand Group’s commercial department on projects including Horse of the Year Show and British Show Jumping National Championships.
Principally based at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, however you will be required to work off site and stay away from home (at the expense of the company) during events.
– Help organise and implement mail outs
– Maintain the customer database
– Research new sales leads – internet/phone/attending shows – where directed by the Tradestand Sales Manager
– Maintain and update sales maps
– Maintain the sales spreadsheet/financial income spreadsheets
– Prepare and issue contracts
– Monitor all payments and contracts
– Professional handling of all sales enquiries and bookings assisting in the conversion of all other revenue streams ie season tickets, hospitality, hotels, Champions – Bar, M&M Packages etc
– Liaise with clients regarding contractual and financial issues
– Assist in generating the Tradestand Manual and Regulations documentation
– Liaise with clients regarding parking requirements, accreditation, programme entry, show arrival times etc
– Issue pre show information
– Generally be involved, under the direction of the Trade — Stand Sales Manager with all aspects of the Show’s exhibition from pre contract to live event.
– Work to all deadlines and targets set by the Trade Stand Sales Manager
-Help manage merchandising for HOYS
At the Show:
– Check exhibition stand sizes/fascia names boards and carpet are correct during the build process
– Liaise with contractors and clients
– Assist with the preparation of the venue for Exhibitors and for public opening
– Distribute accreditation
– Assist in the Commercial office to answer and deal with a variety of queries
– Generally need to be able to handle a variety of situations/issues at the show (many under pressure) mostly under the direction of the Trade Stand Sales – Manager but some on own initiative)
– There is a requirement for extra hours (within the basic salary contract) both prior to and during company events
Essential Skills and Personal Qualities
– Experience in MS packages Word, Excel and Publisher
– Good database management experience
– Good customer service skills – telephone and face 2 face
– Flexible approach to work
– Able to work within a team environment as well as being able to use own initiative
– Excellent organisational and communication skills (written and verbal)
– Good time keeping essential
– A background in Sales would be beneficial
What We Offer
Monday to Friday inclusive. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Some weekend work and additional hours will be required in the run up to and during events.
20 days pro rata plus bank holidays
Salary £22,000 to £24,000 depending on experience
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly detailing your qualifications and experience and explain why you feel you are suitable for the role by 10 March 2017