Trade Stand Sales Executive
Grandstand Stoneleigh Events
Grandstand Stoneleigh Events (GSE) is seeking an experienced sales executive to join the technical events team. The main purpose of the job is to secure and manage trade stand bookings for two leading agricultural exhibitions, the British Pig & Poultry Fair and the Grassland & Muck Event.
This is a great opportunity to join an established events organising team. The ideal candidate will have experience of sales and client relationship management in a B2B marketplace, with strong communication skills and an excellent telephone manner. They will be self-motivated and work well as part of a small team. Exhibition stand sales and agricultural knowledge is also desirable.
- Deliver the sales campaign, selling exhibition packages via telesales (mainly) but including face to face visits with potential and existing exhibitors
- Identify prospect exhibitors to target and sell benefits of exhibiting at the events
- Build and maintain all existing relationships to ensure a minimum 10% growth in space/and or revenue is achieved.
- Maintain accurate and up to date sales database and provide regular revenue vs target reports as required
- Manage all contract deliverables including payment and contracts
- Regular reconciliation of sales with the accounts department
- Work with Marketing to identify marketing tools required to realise the sales campaign and achieve income targets.
- Manage all exhibitor queries in the run up to and at the events
- Liaise with exhibitors to ensure all paperwork, health and safety forms, invoices etc are in order prior to the exhibitor arriving at the event
- Work on site during the build up of the events, event days and during the break down of the events, liaising with exhibitors face to face.
- Carry out general office duties efficiently, i.e. letter writing, producing mailings and database management.
- Attend competitor events thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business
- Build knowledge of the industry sectors in order to capitalise on opportunities
- Maintain a professional attitude and at all times answer or re-direct incoming enquiries
- A highly motivated sales professional who can drive and deliver the sales campaign
- Excellent telesales skills
- Demonstrable sales experience, ideally from the exhibition industry or from a business to business environment
- Proven history of building and managing customer relations
- Ability to work alone and be self-motivated
- Experience of maintaining a database of existing and potential clients
- Experience of reporting sales figures and understanding revenue streams
- Diplomacy and tact
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible approach to work – some weekend work will be required
- Working calmly under pressure with attention to detail
- Computer literate – Microsoft packages, Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point etc
- Exhibition stand sales experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the agricultural sector
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent contract – office based at Stoneleigh Park
- Monday to Friday inclusive. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Some flexibility or reduced hours may be considered.
- Some weekend work and additional hours will be required in the run up to and during events.
- 20 days pro rata plus bank holidays
- Salary £20,000 to £24,000 plus bonus depending on experience
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org